Kerry L. Skinner-Think LifeChange!
Looking for a place that provides resources for true biblical counseling and revival? This site provides a wealth of books, audios, ebooks, and videos from Dr. Kerry L. Skinner and his mentor, Dr. Henry Brandt (now gone to be with his Lord).
- If sin is the problem, there is no human remedy for sin.
- Confession of sin is common, but repentance is rare.
- Repentance is the most positive word in the Bible.
- Repentance is God’s cure for our sin problem.
Key ministries that make up Think LifeChange:
- Biblical Counselor Training materials for individuals.
- Helping churches and associations of churches to develop their own biblical counseling centers (Laity Care Centers).
- Preaching and teaching on the subjects of biblical counseling and revival.
- Providing written resources on these subjects.
Dr. Kerry L. Skinner
Kerry L. Skinner, D.Min. has served in pastoral roles for more than 35 years with an emphasis in Christian discipleship and pastoral counseling. Through his writing and teaching, Dr. Skinner is recognized internationally as an advocate of biblical sufficiency. He has traveled extensively through North America teaching conferences for pastors, counselors, and lay leaders on topics such as revival, repentance, holiness, and biblical counseling.
Dr. Skinner’s key mentor was Dr. Henry Brandt, Pioneer of Biblical Counseling. For over five decades, Henry Brandt—international consultant, educator, counselor, author, and conference speaker—impacted the lives of thousands of people. The legacy of his ministry is written in the hearts and lives of generations of men, women, and children around the world.
Dr. Skinner served as associate to Dr. Henry Blackaby in the office of Prayer, Revival, and Spiritual Awakening for the North American Mission Board and later served as executive vice-president of Henry Blackaby Ministries. He has served as associate pastor of First Baptist Church of West Palm Beach and Cottage Hill Baptist of Mobile, Alabama. His most recent book is titled, The Joy of Repentance. He has written numerous books with Dr. Henry Brandt, including, The Heart of the Problem, The Word for the Wise, Breaking Free from the Bondage of Sin, I Want to Enjoy My Children, and Marriage God’s Way.
Dr. Skinner currently serves as the Senior Pastor of Northway Church of The Woodlands, Texas.
He and his wife, Elaine, have one son, Jason and three grandchildren.
Complete list of books authored or co-authored:
- Authored–The Christian Life: A Human Impossibility, (KLS LifeChange Ministries, 2012)
- Authored–The Joy of Repentance (workbook), (KLS LifeChange Ministries, 2011)
- Authored–The Joy of Repentance, (KLS LifeChange Ministries, 2007)
- Co-authored–Chosen to be God’s Prophet with Henry Blackaby, (Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2003)
- Co-authored–Called & Accountable with Henry Blackaby, (New Hope Publishers, 2002)
- Co-authored–I Want to Enjoy My Children with Henry Brandt. (Multnomah Publishers, 2002)
- Co-authored–Created to be God’s Friend (workbook edition), with Henry Blackaby, (Thomas Nelson, 2000)
- Co-authored–Marriage God’s Way, with Henry Brandt, (Broadman/Holman, 1999) which was selected as a finalist in the 2000 gold Medallion Awards Competition, sponsored by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association
- Co-authored–The Power of the Call, with Henry T. Blackaby and Henry Brandt, (Broadman/Holman, 1997)
- Co-authored–The Heart of the Problem (book and workbook), with Henry Brandt, (Broadman/Holman, 1995)
- Co-authored–The Word for the Wise with Henry Brandt, Broadman/Holman, 1995)
- Co-authored–Breaking Free from the Bondage of Sin with Henry Brandt, (Harvest House Publishers, 1994)
Kerry is available for: (contact me)
- training leaders for biblical counseling
- leading seminars on the process of repentance
- leading retreats
- preaching series on revival
His experience includes speaking in churches, state evangelism conferences, pastor and wives’ retreats, conference centers, and local church seminars.